Hubby's friends started to arrive as early as 9:30a.m. on the 2nd day of New Year. Much of catching up with each other's lives to do as they had not met for several years. I must say it was quite a reunion for these gentlemen. My...it was heart-warming listening to their life experiences as there was so much they had gone thru and experienced and yet I personally believe life has so much more in store for these gentlemen. They then tried to find out if god of prosperity was with any one of them. Yes! The gambling session began! It was indeed a very addictive and full of anticipation session as it ended at 4:00p.m with a simple lunch in between for them. Obviously god of prosperity was not with hubby as he lost 7 bucks...:).

Families of my friends arrived shortly before lunch. Oh how delightful was I seeing the kids leaping up and down our built-in dining bench, arranging the gold-coin chocolates in creative manners only kids can think of before eating all them up while their parents savored in our homemade cookies. And I must say again it was hallmark moments for me to see these parents bonding with their kids. They are all just precious and darlings of their parents.
It was a rest day for us on the 3rd day as we were just too exhausted from playing host yesterday. Hubby has got to work on the 4th day therefore I went back home alone this New Year. I mentioned in my previous blog I would always be comfortable and feel at home the most when I got to see my family back in Sitiawan. Pa & ma were all too happy to have all her children back for the 1 week. Lil' Elvin had grown so much since I last saw him 2 months ago. Ever so mischievous ever so pampered, lil' Elvin is very much adored by all. The rest of my siblings were progressing well in this journey of life.

Hubby received more visitors while I was away. They kept my heart singing for much joy when they complimented on our new home. I must be a proud owner of this new home...:)
It was a hectic yet memorable week for both hubby and I. It was definitely not the end of opening up our home to families & friends. It was just the beginning.
It was a hectic yet memorable week for both hubby and I. It was definitely not the end of opening up our home to families & friends. It was just the beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment